Scotland’s number one dairy, Graham’s The Family Dairy, will be hitting TV screens this Easter, summer and autumn as part of an exclusive sponsorship deal with STV. This is the first time the dairy has sponsored a TV series and is part of their increased focus on bringing their brand to life for consumers across Scotland.
The dairy will proudly sponsor eight-part peak-time series’, Jak and Eddie’s Scottish Kitchen and Paul and Nick’s Big Food Trip, with four bespoke sponsorship bumpers running at the beginning, end and mid-break of each episode.
Branding experts, threebrand, conceived the pun-filled fun creative for the bumpers, which feature animated versions of the dairy’s product range – including organic milk, yogurt, ice cream, cheese, cream and butter – as actors chatting before a live show. A voice-over is provided by Mr Robert Graham Senior. There are four variations, all produced by STV Creative.
Jak & Eddie’s Scottish Kitchen starts at 8pm on Monday 28 March and will air for four weeks, returning on 1 August for another four weeks. It features Jak O’Donnell and baker Eddie Boyle who each week create dishes using the very best Scottish ingredients. Paul & Nick’s Big Food Trip features chef Paul Rankin and Graham’s ambassador Nick Nairn as they head to America on a culinary journey of Ulster-Scots food history. The show transmits for eight weeks from 8pm on 29 August to 18 October.
In addition to the series sponsorship on the main STV channel, the deal also extends to sponsorship of 24 daytime repeats of Jak and Eddie’s Scottish Kitchen on Sundays on STV; and on the STV Glasgow and STV Edinburgh city channels. Graham’s branding will also be visible on the show pages on the STV website.
Carol Graham, Marketing Director for Graham’s The Family Dairy, said: “When the opportunity arose to sponsor these shows, we were delighted to get on board. Hosted by hugely talented chefs and bakers who value high quality local produce as much as we do, this is a natural fit for us. It’s the perfect platform to showcase our range to the STV audience and bring our brand to life through fun creative – and as always, one of the family features, with Dad providing the voice-over for the bumpers which we hope viewers enjoy.”
About Graham’s The Family Dairy
- From their family farm in the heart of Scotland, the award-winning business has grown through three generations of dairy farmers to become one of Scotland’s greatest food and drink successes, since setting up in Bridge of Allan in 1939.
- Graham’s The Family Dairy is Scotland’s largest independent dairy producing an award winning range of milk, butter, cream, ice cream, sour cream, cottage cheese, quark and cheddar cheese as well as Graham’s Gold Jersey range.
- Graham’s products are available the length and breadth of the country via more than 6,000 customers from independent retailers to hotels and restaurants as well as all the major supermarkets in Scotland, and some south of the border.
- Graham’s spreadable butter is the fastest growing brand in Scotland (76% up year on year), driving the overall growth of the brand.
- More than half of Scotland’s population currently buy Graham’s products and in 2015, Graham’s dairy sales increased to £86.5m (2014: £85m) with pre-tax profit also rising to £1.6m.
- At the end of 2015, Graham’s were named number 1 Scottish Dairy brand and number 3 Scottish food and drink brand overall by Kantar WorldPanel.