- 2 tbsps (30ml) olive oil
- 1 onion (125g), chopped
- 1-2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 celery stick (60g), chopped
- 1 small carrot (60g), chopped
- 2 tbsps (30ml) plain flour
- 1 level tbsp (15ml) mild paprika
- 2x 500g cartons passata (pureed sieved tomatoes)
- 500ml light chicken or vegetable stock (cube will do)
- 250g Graham's Natural Quark
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Extra Quark and croutons, to serve
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat.
Add the onion, garlic, celery and carrot and cook for about 5 mins, stirring frequently, until beginning to soften.
Stir in the flour and paprika and cook for 1-2 mins, stirring constantly but do not let it colour.
Pour in the passata then stir in the stock. Bring to the boil, turn down the heat, half cover and simmer for 20 mins until the vegetables are completely soft.
Blend the tomato soup until smooth. Return to the pan and reheat. Stir in the Quark. Taste and season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Reheat gently without boiling.
Serve in warmed bowls with a dollop of Quark.