- 200g macaroni or other similar tube pasta
- 300ml Graham's semi-skimmed milk
- 2 tbsps (30g) cornflour
- 500g Graham's Natural Quark
- 1 tsp (5ml) Dijon mustard
- 170g low fat mature cheddar
- 55g finely grated parmesan
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Lightly butter a 1.125ml shallow ovenproof baking dish.
Boil the macaroni in plenty of salted water for about 10-12 mins until just tender but still with some bite.
Preheat the grill.
Mix the milk with the cornflour in a large saucepan, then gradually whisk in the Quark and mustard.
Slowly bring to the boil, stirring or whisking continuously. Boil gently for 1-2 mins then stir in the cheddar cheese. Season to taste.
Drain the pasta then stir into the sauce, pour into the buttered dish and level. Halve the cherry tomatoes and arrange cut-side up over the surface. Scatter the parmesan over the top and place under the grill (not too close or it will burn) for about 5 mins until brown and bubbling.