Scotland’s leading independent family dairy is to embark on a major new retail relationship with the country’s largest independent co-operative society.
Following a successful trial in stores in Edinburgh, Graham’s The Family Dairy will supply Graham’s branded milk and butter to all Scotmid stores the length and breadth of Scotland.
Scotmid Co-operative has been at the heart of Scotland’s communities since 1859 and as a long established Scottish farming business, the new deal with Graham’s represents a significant step for both popular businesses.
As a result of the positive consumer reaction, Graham’s will supply it’s 2 litre Light and Low milk, Scottish salted and unsalted butter and 250g packs of Scotland’s first spreadable butter to more than 200 Scotmid stores. In addition, Graham’s Organic and Gold products made with Jersey milk will also be introduced to selected shops.
The Graham’s have been dairy farmers for three generations and the Bridge of Allan business started in 1939 supplying local independent shops. The new deal builds on those origins and is the first step in a growing relationship with Scotmid.
Graham’s The Family Dairy Managing Director Robert Graham said: “We are delighted our products performed so well during the trial in Scotmid stores and over and above that, we believe the company is an ideal retail partner as it shares our aims and aspirations.
“Like us, Scotmid is rooted in Scottish communities while focussed on exceptional consumer service and we really appreciate the opportunity to work with them to give consumers increased access to our range of products.”
Scotmid also welcomed the new working partnership.
Stephen Brown, local sourcing manager for Scotmid Co-operative said: “Graham’s The Family Dairy is a terrific family business who works closely with Scottish farming communities. As a retailer at the heart of many towns, villages and cities across Scotland, we’re thrilled to be launching this new partnership with Graham’s as part of our commitment to supporting local suppliers.”
Graham’s The Family Dairy work in partnership with 90 farm suppliers and the Scotmid relationship will ensure even more consumers have access to milk from Scotland, for Scotland.
Notes to Editors:
- Graham’s products are available in major supermarkets and in the non large retailers primarily through convenience stores.
- In 1939 when the company was founded, daily output amounted to 400 pints. The company is now producing more than 700,000 on a daily basis.
- Graham’s The Family Dairy is Scotland’s largest independent dairy producing an award winning range of milk, butter, cream, ice cream and cheese as well as Graham’s Gold Jersey range.
- The company has established itself as a top 10 Scottish brand, ranking 8th in the latest Kantar Worldpanel research.
- Graham’s The Family Dairy recorded sales of more than £82 million in the year to 21 March 2014, up from £68m in the preceding 12 months.
- According to latest figures, Graham’s The Family Dairy has now overtaken Lurpak at the number one block butter brand in Scotland.
- At the 2014 Scotland Food and Drink Excellence Awards, Graham’s The Family Dairy won the Business of the Year award and the Brand Success of the Year award with the Entrepreneur of the Year award going to Robert Graham.