Graham’s The Family Dairy has secured a new Scotland-wide listing with Sainsbury’s, which will see the business provide three flavours of its new range of yogurts to the supermarket from 25th October.
The family-owned Scottish farming and dairy business, which supplies dairy products for more than half the households in Scotland, launched its innovative range of six low fat yogurt varieties in August 2015. The range includes Raspberry, Strawberry, Summer Fruits, Peach, Toffee and Natural flavours – with Sainsbury’s taking the first three flavours in its 31 Scottish supermarkets. The yogurts come in lunch-box sized 150g pots.
Graham’s yogurt is produced from their processing site in Nairn in the north of Scotland, which recently saw significant investment in order to facilitate the dairy’s expansion into the yogurt category. This is the second listing for the yogurt, which is already on shelves in Scotmid stores across Scotland.
Robert Graham, Managing Director of Graham’s Dairy, said: “Sainsbury’s share our commitment to quality dairy products and we’re delighted to be introducing our new yogurt range to their customers across Scotland, which will complement the other Graham’s products they enjoy from their stores.
“Given the surprising fact that best-selling yogurt brands in Scotland are French and English, we saw the opportunity to introduce a low fat Scottish yogurt using Scottish milk sourced from our 98 farming partners. Our new product range is high quality and low fat with an indulgent taste, and we’ll continue to focus on growing our presence in this category with Scottish retailers.”
A Sainsbury’s spokesperson said: “Sainsbury’s is delighted to be launching Graham’s yogurts as part of our range in Scottish stores. We already work closely with Graham’s the Family Dairy and retail the brand across a variety of other categories including butters, cheddar, milk and ice cream. We are proud of our relationships with our Scottish supply base and look forward to continuing to grow and develop these in the future.”
Graham’s The Family Dairy is based in the heart of Scotland, producing a range of the highest quality dairy products, including milk, cheese, cream, butter, ice-cream and yogurt. Established for more than 76 years, Graham’s remains a family-run company with a focus on craft and a quest to promote the best of Scotland’s larder throughout the country.
For further information, please contact Kirstin Stevenson of Wire Media: Kirstin@wire-media.co.uk, 0141 440 6761 / 07803970106.
Notes to Editors:
- Graham’s products can now be found the length and breadth of the country via more than 6,000 customers from independent retailers to hotels and restaurants as well as all the major multiples in Scotland. Morrisons, Sainsbury’s, Waitrose, Tesco and Asda also stock Graham’s branded goods south of the border.
- Graham’s The Family Dairy recorded sales of more than £85 million in the year to 31 March 2014
- In 1939 when the company was founded by Robert Graham – the grandfather of the current managing director Robert Graham (Jnr) – he reared 12 cows, milked them by hand then made all deliveries by horse and cart
- Graham’s The Family Dairy is Scotland’s largest independent dairy, producing an award winning range of milk, butter, cream, ice cream and cheese as well as Graham’s Gold Jersey range.
- The company has established itself as a top 10 Scottish brand, ranking 7th in the latest Kantar Worldpanel research.