Graham’s The Family Dairy last night celebrated a double win at the prestigious Scottish Food and Drink Excellence Awards, as it was crowned ‘Brand Success of the Year’, also scooping gold with spreadable butter in the ‘Dairy’ category.
The event celebrates businesses and individuals in Scotland who are leading the way with innovation, enterprise and quality, its awards highly coveted and recognised industry wide. So much so, this year’s ceremony attracted a record-breaking 245 entries, with just twenty businesses honoured.
Graham’s award wins highlight the importance of the dairy industry to the economy, which must continue to thrive. Despite a challenging year for dairy farmers across the globe, Graham’s The Family Dairy has succeeded in maintaining its status as a front-runner in the sector, beating off stiff competition from the likes of Mackie’s of Scotland, Border Biscuits and Yester Farm Dairies Ltd to scoop the two awards.
Carol Graham, Marketing Director at Graham’s The Family Dairy said: “We are delighted to have been recognised twice at the Scottish Food and Drink Excellence Awards, with a win in both of our shortlisted categories: Dairy, and Brand Success of the Year. As a family business, we are proud to be named the number one dairy brand in Scotland last year, and will continue to work closely with our one-hundred farming partners to continue to deliver high quality, fresh local produce.”
The family owned business, based in the heart of Scotland since 1939, was last year crowned number 1 Scottish dairy brand and number 3 Scottish brand overall in the Kantar WorldPanel Research. 2015 was a successful and busy year for the brand with new product launches, a rise in both sales (£86.5m) and pre-tax profit (£1.6m), and over half the population buying Graham’s products. Graham’s has recently expanded their range into quark, cottage cheese and soured cream.
For more information, please contact Caroline Docherty at Wire Media: email@example.com 0141 648 9612/07593 247 767
About Graham’s The Family Dairy
- From their family farm in the heart of Scotland, the award-winning business has grown through three generations of dairy farmers to become one of Scotland’s greatest food and drink successes, since setting up in Bridge of Allan in 1939.
- Graham’s The Family Dairy is Scotland’s largest independent dairy producing an award winning range of milk, butter, cream, ice cream and cheese as well as Graham’s Gold Jersey range.
- Graham’s products are available the length and breadth of the country via more than 6,000 customers from independent retailers to hotels and restaurants as well as all the major supermarkets in Scotland, and some south of the border.
- Graham’s was named number 1 dairy brand in Scotland and number 3 Scottish brand overall in the Kantar WorldView Panel Research in 2015.
- The dairy works with 100 farming partners across Scotland.