The Scotland Women’s Hockey team are set for a healthy 2017, as Graham’s The Family Dairy official sponsorship of the organisation and team swings into life.
Today (Thursday 15th June), the Scotland Women’s Hockey team took a break from training for the upcoming World League Semi-Finals at the Glasgow National Hockey Centre to top up their energy with pots of Graham’s Protein 22, the award-winning protein packed product from the Graham’s range.
As part of the partnership, the Graham’s logo will feature on the Scotland Women’s Hockey team’s skorts, and the dairy will also gift the players a selection of products throughout the year from Graham’s award winning range, including their Gold Smooth milk, Protein 22, cheese, quark and cream - keeping the team in peak condition, on and off the pitch.
This new partnership for Graham’s is in addition to their sponsorship of Scottish Ballet, currently in its second year, both of which demonstrate the dairy’s support for Scottish sports and culture whilst helping promote the benefits of dairy for a healthy, active lifestyle.
Milk that goes into all of the Graham’s The Family Dairy produce is packed with calcium, vitamins and protein, which are important to everyone, ensuring healthy teeth, bone strength and brain function. But its natural blend of water, sugar and electrolytes is an excellent combination to help aid recovery after exercise and reset the body for its next burst of activity, making it the perfect post-exercise drink.
Carol Graham, Marketing Director at Graham’s The Family Dairy said: “Being healthy and active is hugely important to the Grahams family and, as hockey fans ourselves, we’re delighted to support the Scottish Women’s Hockey team. As a family business, we’re always looking for ways to support local talent and partner with organisations that embody the values of our business, so this is an exciting partnership for us. We wish the team the best of luck in Brussels and look forward to an exciting year ahead!”
David Sweetman, Chief Executive Officer at Scottish Hockey, said: “Hockey is such a physically demanding sport, so the health and well-being of our players is so imperative. Dairy forms an important part of the nutritious and balanced diet of the Scotland Women’s Hockey team and we’re excited to work together with Graham’s the Family Dairy to help keep the team in peak condition in 2017!”
For further information, please contact Wire:
Paul Elliott, Communications Manager: Paul.Elliott@scottish-hockey.org.uk / 0141 550 5999
About Graham’s Family Dairy
- Graham’s The Family Dairy is based in the heart of Scotland, producing an award-winning, home-grown range of the highest quality food and drink, including milk, cheese, cream, butter, ice-cream, cottage cheese, quark, sour cream and yogurt. Established for more than 76 years, Graham’s remains a family-run company with a focus on farming, provenance, high quality produce and a quest to promote the best of Scotland’s larder throughout the country.
- Graham’s was named number 1 Scottish food brand, and number 2 Scottish brand overall in the 2016 Kantar WorldView Panel Research. The brand also retained its 2015 title of number 1 dairy brand in Scotland.
- In May 2017 Graham’s Gold Smooth won the Dairy category at the Scottish Food and Drink Excellence Awards. Feedback from the judges noted Graham’s excellent marketing activity and understanding of the marketplace, with the milk being described as a ‘luxury product’ and ‘milk like it should be’. Graham’s Organic Whole Milk with Cream at the Top was also shortlisted in the Dairy category, the judges appreciated its ‘fresh, clean’ flavour and Graham’s response to consumer demand for organic milk that is as close to natural milk as possible.
- In February 2016 Graham’s was the only UK company to be honoured at the global Gulfood Innovation Awards, taking home the ‘Dairy Innovation Award’ for their new Protein 22 product. They also won the innovation award for Protein 22 at Wabel Paris in April 2017.
About Scottish Hockey Union
- Scottish Hockey is the recognised national governing body for the sport of hockey in Scotland. Their vision is to provide the opportunity for more players to enjoy hockey to the highest level and increase the number of people participating in hockey at all levels of the sport in Scotland.
- The Scottish Hockey mission statement is “Inspiring involvement in hockey – the fun, friendly, exciting sport for life.”
- The Scotland Women’s Hockey team will be playing in the World League Semi-Finals in June/July in Brussels, more information of upcoming tournaments can be found on the Scottish Hockey website - http://www.scottish-hockey.org.uk/
- Scotland women are aiming to qualify for the Hockey World Cup at the World League Semi-Finals in Brussels.