Graham’s the Family Dairy was established 80 years ago and is one of the most recognisable brands in Scotland. From their family farm in Bridge of Allan, Graham’s has grown through three generations and is now Scotland’s largest independent dairy.
We have a fantastic new opportunity for a Sustainability Manager to join our team at Graham’s the Family Dairy. We are flexible with regards to where this role will be based within our Scottish sites.
Reporting to the Head of Operations, you will develop and deliver our Sustainability Strategy, working alongside all departments and stakeholders and engaging with our suppliers to meet our own and our customers Sustainability Goals. You will be responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing sustainability initiatives to minimize our environmental impact and promote responsible business practices.
What you’ll be doing:
• Develop and implement a comprehensive business sustainability strategy and the pathway to reach our goals.
• Identify key sustainability areas, such as energy efficiency, waste reduction, carbon footprint, and social responsibility.
• Identify opportunities for reducing resource consumption, waste generation, and energy usage within the company.
• Establish KPI’s to measure the company’s sustainability progress and work with the marketing department to communicate our targets and report results to our key stakeholders.
• Work with our key stakeholder partners on establishing our scope 3 emission baseline and supporting our sustainability targets in line with the EU sustainability development goals.
• Proven professional experience in the environmental / sustainability field preferably in food manufacturing/agrifood
• Demonstrated experience in developing and managing sustainability programs
• Experience in energy, environment or sustainable development with great leadership and communication skills to engage and inspire others to achieve our sustainable plans.
• Sustainability / environmental science qualification or equivalent