Shift Manager (Cowdenbeath)
Graham’s The Family Dairy is seeking to recruit a Shift Manager for their production site at Glenfield in Cowdenbeath, Fife. Reporting directly to the Production Manager, you will be entrusted with a high degree of independence and have a genuine opportunity to make a meaningful impact towards the growth of the business. This role is a dayshift/backshift rotation Monday to Friday.
- Develop & implement all production processes, whilst maintaining standards and making changes as required;
- Plan ahead and anticipate future challenges, providing solutions as needed to meet productions timelines;
- Ensure the smooth running and operation of the factory during the shift;
- Monitor production standards and highlight issues immediately to Site Manager, if unresolved;
- Ensure production is run in a cost-effective manner, by reducing waste and providing solutions as needed;
- Analyse data relating to the performance of the department;
- Develop staff within the team, overseeing all training;
- Conduct all personnel management such as annual leave sign off and appraisals; and
- Ensure a safe working environment for all team members, working with the Health and Safety manager as needed.
The successful candidate will be a confident leader, who has a presence on the factory floor and is comfortable managing people. You must be a proven problem solver who uses data and their initiative to resolve operational issues and drives continuous improvement. Ideally the candidate will have previous experience in an FMCG Management role, but we will also consider an experienced Team Leader/Supervisor who is looking to take the next step in their career.